Behind the Sticks | Episode 13: Summer Makeup Essentials - How to Get the Perfect Summer Glow
Written by Jenn Kapahi May 22, 2020
As the weather gets warmer and we are able to spend more time outside (with a mask of course!), I tend to pare down my summer makeup routine to a few key essentials. In this post, I’ll take you through how to get a simple, easy to do, summer glow for your new summer makeup routine! Right now I have only really been focusing on my eye areas when it comes to applying makeup, since I have been wearing a mask and my lower face is mostly covered. I’ve adapted my makeup routine and wanted to share my summer makeup tips with you all!
- I start out by applying our concealer stick to my under eye area and inner corner to brighten and prep the eye look.
- Next, I use our eye pencil makeup and apply it to only the outer edge of my lid, which creates a more open wide eye effect. I complete the look by tight-lining my lower lash line. I love our eye pencil makeup as it’s water resistant and doesn’t run or smudge, which is key during these hot summer months.
- For my brows, I like to bring out the tail of my brow using our cruelty-free eyebrow pencil and also fill in the sparser areas. Being outside in the humidity, I like to use the brow gel on the other side of the brow pencil to set the hairs. A little trick I use is to brush the brow hairs in the center arch up to create a more open eye look.
- When it comes to my lashes, one of my favorite products is our vegan cruelty free mascara. Before applying the mascara I only use the half-curler once in the center to lift my lashes. I lightly apply the lash lifting mascara to the tips of my lashes. I also use the mascara brush vertically to separate my lashes.
- To finish off the look, I use our highlighter stick makeup as a blush to add a touch of color and shimmer to my face. I apply the highlighter stick makeup on the top of my cheekbones and across my eyelids as an eyeshadow. The dome shaped makeup sponge on the other end of the highlighter stick is perfect for touchless application!
Our Essential Mix is a great way to update your summer makeup routine, as you can customize it according to your specific makeup product needs. You can build your own makeup routine from 4-10 products - I personally use 5 in my daily makeup routine! What do you all consider your summer makeup essentials? Let us know in the comments!
What do you guys want to see in our next Behind the Sticks episode? Let us know in the comments below and subscribe to our newsletter so you can stay updated on future BTS episodes.