How to Use Our Highlight Stick to Create The Ultimate Natural Glowy Makeup Look - Tutorial
Written by Amy Kandora June 24, 2020
If glowy, glistening skin is the foundation of your perfect summer makeup look, then we’ve got you covered with our highlighter makeup tutorial! We’ll teach you how to create a naturally glowy look that will keep you shimmering all day long. Using our cream-gel highlighter stick makeup is a foolproof way to up your glow game and accentuate your features with subtle shimmer—no glitter, no sparkle. This makeup tutorial is all about enhancing your natural features and getting a healthy summer glow with some smart highlighting hacks. Watch the video and read on for our highlighter makeup tips:
Highlighter Makeup Tip #1: Selecting the Perfect Shade
When picking a highlighter shade, choose a color that is about 2 to 4 shades lighter than your skin tone. If you have a fair to light skin tone, a champagne pink-hued highlighter looks amazing. If you have an olive and deeper skin tone, rosy bronze shades look incredible. Luckily, both shades of our highlighter blend in seamlessly and look great on any skin tone.
Highlighter Makeup Tip #2: Strategically Apply Highlighter
When it’s applied on strategic areas of your face, highlighter can completely transform your face. The formula of our highlighter stick is buildable, meaning it can double as a strobing stick to add some serious glow to your face.
- Cheekbones: The most obvious (not to mention important!) area of your face to highlight. Draw a c-shape from starting from the tops of your cheekbones to the area above your eyebrow to give your face a natural sun-kissed glow.
- Under Brows: Add pops of shimmering glow to the area under your eyebrow for a lifted eye look.
- Inner Eye Corners: To instantly open up your eyes and make them look wider, apply highlighter makeup in the inner corners. (Makeup Hack! Our Mini Highlight Stick is the perfect size to fit right in the inner eye corners.)
- Center of the Eyelids: Apply a dot of highlighter to the center of the lid to make your eyes pop or to act as an eyeshadow.
- Cupid’s Bow: If you want to make your lips appear fuller and add some definition, add a bit of shimmer to the top center of your lips, aka your cupid’s bow.
- Bridge of Nose: With our highlighter stick, draw an exclamation point on the bridge of your nose. Doing this technique instead of a straight line, makes your nose appear more contoured and shaped.
- Chin: Finish off your makeup look by adding a touch of highlighter to the center of your chin